Girl’s Nursery ~ Client Reveal

The week Andrew and I found out that I was pregnant, I received this email:

“My husband and I are expecting our first little one in March.  I am interested in your services for helping us create a nursery here in our home…So far, I have a handful of ideas and fabric swatches, but that’s about all…”

What timing!  I met with Jess shortly after she sent her email and we started working on a design plan for their little girl’s nursery.  Jess originally was leaning towards a pink and green color scheme, but she ended up changing her mind to purple and gray.  (Believe it or not, she made the color switch on her own!)  Jess and Jason were such a pleasure to work with, and it was really fun for me to create a purple nursery, especially during my own pregnancy.

They had a great space to start with; we just needed to transform it in order to accommodate their new arrival.  Here are a few before pictures:

nursery before

nursery before

And the after (photos by Beth Furgurson Photography):

purple & gray nursery

The inspiration for the room started with the purple and gray bedding (from Pottery Barn Kids).

purple & gray nursery crib

The purple color in the bedding is a unique purple, and I found a perfect match to it in the fabric we used for the window treatments.  The embroidered modern floral design was a soft and playful addition to the nursery.

purple & gray nursery

The beautiful window treatments were fabricated by Christine of Iron Gate Interiors.

purple nursery window panels

Jess found these adorable pom poms on Etsy ~ Bell Bloom Design.  To complete the color scheme, we brought in a few pops of aqua to use as an accent color throughout the nursery.

purple gray & blue pom poms

nursery lamp

The dahlia wall flowers are also from Esty ~ Bed Buggs Boutique.

purple & gray nursery artwork

Barden’s Decorating painted and meticulously stenciled the room.

purple & gray nursery changing table

nursery stencil

We also added an armoire to the room for extra storage.

purple & gray nursery armoireIt was such a joy to work with Jess and Jason on their nursery.  I love how it turned out!

CGI & client

Congratulations Jess and Jason on the arrival of your sweet little girl, I hope she’s enjoying her new room!

º What is your favorite part of the nursery?

Cathy Green Interiors monogram

This entry was posted in Clients' Projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Girl’s Nursery ~ Client Reveal

1. Leslie says:

What colors of paint did you use? And where did you get them from?! Beautiful nursery!

• Cathy Green says:

Hi Leslie,
      The light gray that is on all of the walls is: Benjamin Moore, Misty Memories 2118-60 and the darker gray that is on the stenciled wall is: Benjamin Moore, Excalibur Gray 2118-50
      We purchased the paint from a Benjamin Moore retailer here in Richmond.

2. Eunice Turnbaugh says:

Gorgeous room! I love the accents and colors, it all goes together so beautifully. I too have purchased the Dahlia bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and would love these curtains! Any way to get the fabric? Thank you so much!!

3. Erica says:

Hi there,

I was wondering if you painted the stencil wall with the base paint then overlapped it with the darker gray? Or did you leave it alone all together and just started the stencil? Love this nursery!!!

4. Pingback: 20 Beautiful DIY Nursery Ideas

5. Esther says:

Hi Cathy! LOVE this nursery. It is our inspiration for our new baby girl’s room. I followed the links and found the stencil for the accent wall. Cutting Edge Stencils has two versions – large scale and small scale. Which one did you use? Thank you!

6. Michelle says:

Hi I love this nursery it has inspired me to do the same one! Question I’ve bought the poms. How did you attach them to the ceiling? I’m nervous to hang them over the crib?

7. Brie says:

Hi Cathy-

I absolutely LOVE this room!!! You did a great job! Can you tell me what size pom poms you used and how I could order the fabric for the window treatments? Thanks!!!

8. Catherine says:

Wow, what a beautiful nursery! I want to do something like this for my daughter bedroom… And I want to know where I can find the pom poms? Can you help me? Sorry for my english, I come from Montreal!!! 🙂

9. Nicole says:

Hi Cathy! I was just wondering where you got the mirror from. It would match perfectly in my new room!

10. Yolanda says:

I would like to know what are all the colors called, cause I love these colors for my baby girls bedroom and I have been searching everywhere for the colors and but they can’t tell me what are the colors ever since I saw it on pintrest I loved the colors!!!!! Please help me thanks.

• Cathy Green says:

Hi Yolanda,
      The light gray that is on all of the walls is: Benjamin Moore: Misty Memories 2118-60 and the darker gray that is on the stenciled wall is: Benjamin Moore: Excalibur Gray 2118-50
      Good luck with your little girl’s nursery!

11. Heather says:

Beautiful nursery! My husband and I have chosen this color palette as well! By chance, do you know where the glider and ottoman came from?

Thank you in advance!

12. Jillian says:

I love this nursery, especially the wall art and the tissue box. Can you tell me what model the crib is?

13. Amanda says:

I am just drooling over these curtains!! Is there any more info as to how I can get them?!

14. Pam says:

Love the colour combination! Do you remember where you got the lighting fixture/shade for the ceiling? I’ve been searching for something in this colour.
    Thanks!

15. Ashley says:

Omg I absolutely love this nursery!!! I actually just got that bedding for my little princess due in April 🙂 I was wondering where you got that purple light hanging from the ceiling?

16. Pingback: Stenciled Color Obession: Lilac « Stencil Stories

17. Jill says:

OMG just catching up on your blog and am loving this nursery…my favorite part is the tissue box cover…source please?????? Your friend, Jill

18. Jess says:

I love this! Do you remember where you found that beautiful area rug?

19. Erin says:

You did a fabulous job on this nursery! I just purchased the same Dahlia PBK bedding and had my eye on the Bed Buggs canvases from etsy, great minds think alike 🙂 Do you know what shade of purple you had Bed Buggs use for the felt dahlia? Thanks!

20. Pingback: I Spy A Pretty Stenciled Pattern « Stencil Stories

21. Christina says:

I love this room! What is the grey paint colour called?

• Cathy Green says:

Hi Christina, Thanks!
      The colors are:
      All walls (lighter gray) Benjamin Moore: Misty Memories 2118-60 – this is a nice soft gray, with just a touch of purple
      Stencil (darker gray) Benjamin Moore: Excalibur Gray 2118-50

22. Haley says:

LOVE IT! Awesome job!

23. Erin says:

Cathy, this is an amazing color selection for a sweet little girl. The purples are so relaxing and comforting at the same time; the perfect ambiance for a nursery! I love that chair too!

24. Christine says:

Cathy – it all looks so gorgeous! What a transformation into a cozy little nest for Jess and her sweet little girl! You are very talented, Cathy….it all looks fantastic. Thanks for the privilege of being a part of such gorgeousness!!